What are some fun things to paint?
Easy painting ideas inspired by real life:
- Your favorite coffee mug.
- A prickly pear cactus.
- Your furry friend.
- A tranquil lake scene.
- Your eye and eyebrow (try observing from real life)
- A leafy tree.
- Your childhood home.
- A piece of cloth draped over a chair.
How do you blend flower colors?
One natural way to combine colors in the garden is to choose complementary colors. That means selecting plants in colors that are across from one another on the color wheel. For example, red is across from green, orange is across from blue, and, as in this bright array, yellow is across from purple.
What is the easiest thing to paint?
Grab your acrylics and start with one of these easy painting ideas!
- Flowers. Flowers are a wonderful subject matter for the new acrylic painter.
- Silhouettes. Silhouettes, especially nature-inspired ones, can be an inspiring way to develop your acrylic painting skills.
- Still life.
- 3-D Shapes.
- Clever lines.
What creative things can I do?
Try to Do Something Creative: 35+ Ideas
- Write a song. You could do just the lyrics, just the music or both.
- Create a paper airplane you’ve never done before. Most of us have done the basic style of paper airplane.
- Make origami.
- Write a short story.
- Draw a picture.
- Write a poem.
- Take pictures.
- Do ONE page in a scrapbook.
Which paint is best for beginners?
Acrylic paint is pretty easy to work with, making it a great option for beginners. We use acrylic paint because it dries very quickly. For at-home painting, watercolor paint is also a beginner-friendly paint that is convenient and easy to clean up.