What are some fun things to paint?
Easy painting ideas inspired by real life:
- Your favorite coffee mug.
- A prickly pear cactus.
- Your furry friend.
- A tranquil lake scene.
- Your eye and eyebrow (try observing from real life)
- A leafy tree.
- Your childhood home.
- A piece of cloth draped over a chair.
Can you do watercolor on canvas?
Normal canvas, even if it has been gessoed, is generally not absorbent enough to work well with watercolors. The watercolors would lift off too easily, which would make blending or overlaying colors particularly difficult. There’s a way to do it, using Golden Absorbent Ground, which you can learn about here.
What is the easiest thing to paint?
Grab your acrylics and start with one of these easy painting ideas!
- Flowers. Flowers are a wonderful subject matter for the new acrylic painter.
- Silhouettes. Silhouettes, especially nature-inspired ones, can be an inspiring way to develop your acrylic painting skills.
- Still life.
- 3-D Shapes.
- Clever lines.
What creative things can I do?
Try to Do Something Creative: 35+ Ideas
- Write a song. You could do just the lyrics, just the music or both.
- Create a paper airplane you’ve never done before. Most of us have done the basic style of paper airplane.
- Make origami.
- Write a short story.
- Draw a picture.
- Write a poem.
- Take pictures.
- Do ONE page in a scrapbook.
What is the easiest paint to paint with?
Acrylic paint is pretty easy to work with, making it a great option for beginners. We use acrylic paint because it dries very quickly. For at-home painting, watercolor paint is also a beginner-friendly paint that is convenient and easy to clean up.